The Indigenous Education Department has a listing of many Indigenous resource people to support teachers in integrating Indigenous content into their curriculum. These resource people are available to any class in the district and will be paid for by the INED department.
Complete this form and return to the INED department by Tuesday afternoon for payment to be ready for Friday.
Our goal is for the presenter to be paid day of workshop given.
There are times that this will be impossible and payment will be the following week.
If the workshop is cancelled the payment is to be returned to the INED department
Cultural presenters are available for the following topics:
- Government and Land
- Fried Bread and Bannock
- Drumming and Dancing
- Traditional Foods and Cooks
- Bone Game
- Traditional Plants and Trees
- Fishing and Fisheries
- Elders – Cowichan Culture and Protocol
- Canoes and Canoe Paddling
- Art & History of the Coast Salish
- Hul’q’umi’num’ Treaty Group
- Métis Culture
- The Fur Trade
- The Métis Sash
- Métis Music and Dance
- Métis Transportation systems